Facebook has had a rough five years. The platform experienced problems ranging from electoral meddling to the rise of trolls or phony accounts. With the increased popularity of other fast-growing social media sites such as Twitch, Discord, and Tiktok, it’s easy to see why some may be questioning the usefulness of Facebook marketing techniques.
We can put the record straight right now: Facebook is still the world’s largest social media network. It boasts 2.74 billion monthly active users and reaches 59% of all social media users worldwide. In the United States alone, 54 per cent of social media users claim they spend the most time on Facebook.
Facebook is also significantly investing in becoming the metaverse’s portal, which many social media experts believe will influence marketing as we know it.
Businesses, particularly those with mainstream products and services, stand to lose a lot if they lack a sound Facebook marketing plan or refuse to employ a Facebook marketing agency.
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of using Facebook as a marketing platform and provide Facebook marketing strategies to help you maximize your results. We also discuss the importance of the Facebook metaverse to your business and how it will impact future Facebook marketing offerings.
The Advantages of Facebook for Business
Any Facebook marketing professional will tell you that the advantages of Facebook for a company may support long-term growth.
Facebook, as a marketing tool:
- Provides a fully supported advertising suite for businesses (through Facebook Business Manager) • Supports highly targeted paid advertising at affordable prices
You can do the following with a well-planned Facebook strategy:
- Increase your reach and attract new audiences.
- Engage with customers, passers-by, and even friendly competition.
- Increase brand recognition with sponsored advertisements, viral posts, and contests.
- Encourage online and offline word-of-mouth marketing.
- Prospective customers with a high conversion rate
- Develop connections with recurring customers and offer real-time customer service at little or no cost.
- Encourage consumer loyalty.
These are also possible on other social networking networks. However, as indicated in independent research by the National Retail Federation (NRF) and Pew Research Center, Facebook has the benefit of being the top platform for millennials, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers: populations with strong spending power.
Businesses from business-to-business (B2B) businesses to business-to-customer (B2C) startups use the platform as well. Facebook B2B marketing is as popular as Facebook marketing methods for B2C.
Finally, Facebook levels the advertising playing field by providing tools that even non-IT company owners can use. A 16-year-old craftsman will utilize the same tools as a single mother who runs a profitable bakery and retail business with a dedicated social media management staff. Not to claim that coming up with and implementing Facebook marketing ideas will be easy, but anyone can learn how to utilize Facebook for business.
You may do this yourself or engage a Facebook organization that provides a comprehensive variety of Facebook marketing services.
Regardless, a well-thought-out and implemented Facebook marketing campaign can:
- Send qualified leads to your company.
- Assist you in entertaining leads regardless of where they are in your funnel.
- Shorten the buyer’s path while still generating sales
- Increase the exposure of your brand
- Boost your bottom line
- Contribute to your long-term business objectives.
It pays to be informed on Facebook trends, advertising best practices, and Facebook’s future. Obtaining Facebook marketing advice from Facebook marketing pros is also essential. All of this will be unpacked to provide you with a clear grasp of the benefits of Facebook for the company and why you should invest in Facebook marketing techniques.
Let’s start with the trends that will be important in 2022.
Facebook Trends to Keep an Eye On
It’s a wonderful moment to learn how to utilize Facebook for business because the network offers a lot of new capabilities. However, before understanding how to utilize Facebook for business, you should base your plans on significant Facebook trends and insights:
- Shops are selling their items straight through the Facebook website or mobile app (via Facebook Shop).
- Video material will become considerably more prevalent (in a recent Wyzowl survey, 84 per cent of customers were convinced to buy a product after watching a video of it).
- Paid advertising is being used by more businesses to supplement organic reach.
- AR is being used by brands to build buzz, engage audiences, attract new followers, and enhance brand exposure. Following the launch of the Facebook Metaverse, many people grew more intrigued.
- Facebook is working on integrating augmented reality (AR) with virtual reality (VR) (via Portal).
- Micro-influencers (social media celebrities with 50,000 to 100,000 followers, according to Mediakix) are being used by businesses to advertise their products and generate word-of-mouth marketing within their niches.
These trends, according to any Facebook marketing expert, will affect Facebook marketing tactics, B2B marketing, B2C marketing, paid advertising, and organic marketing in 2022. Keep them in mind when you come up with fresh Facebook marketing strategies. With the Facebook metaverse on the horizon, you must keep informed to stay ahead of the competition.
Prepare for the Metaverse: Facebook’s Future
If you deal with a marketing agency, you could hear its Facebook gurus discuss the metaverse.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed on October 28, 2021, that the social media company has renamed Meta.
To be clear, Facebook as a social media platform will continue to exist. The corporation, on the other hand, has become larger than the software that gave birth to it. For example, Facebook also owns Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. It became important to rebrand the firm that contains all of these applications (and more companies) and create a distinct identity from Facebook.
What exactly is the metaverse? It is a futuristic idea of a virtual environment that improves social connections whether individuals are in the same physical area or not. It largely relies on augmented reality and virtual reality, implying that the metaverse may integrate the physical and digital worlds.