Simple Ways to Preventing Knee Pain
Most people realize they are aging when they first experience knee pain. But it’s not just aging weak bones that cause knee pain. It can happen to anyone regardless of their age. Anything from an exercise injury to bad-fitting shoes can be the cause of your knee pain. To treat your knee pain, med plus offers the Best joint supplement for knees which helps in curing knee pain quickly.
This article will guide you through simple ways that can help you deal with knee pain in the most effective way – that is by preventing it.
As with any medical issue, prevention is always better than a cure. Keeping yourself healthy will be helpful in treating any unexpected injury as well.
Let us start by understanding all the things that can cause knee pain.
- Inflammation is caused by acute overloading of knee joints like a sudden increase in the volume of running.
- Knee injury from accidents
- Poor muscle strength
- This condition puts a lot of weight on the knees and makes them more likely to become inflamed.
- Bad shoes, bad posture, and form during daily activities and during exercise.
- Exercise injuries happen due to a lack of stretching and proper preparation.
- Structural knee problems like arthritis, damaged ligaments, and cartilage tears.
Ways to Prevent Knee Pain
A lot of the above causes can be easily dealt with proper preventive measures. Best joint supplement for knees few lifestyle changes and mindful practices can help you from having to endure the suffering of knee pain the .Here are a few tips:
Strengthen your muscles
Exercise strength-building exercises and try to increase your flexibility. When your muscles are weak, your knee ends up bearing all the weight of your upper body and has less dynamic support.
By following a muscle-strengthening exercise routine you can greatly improve your overall flexibility and muscle strength.
Also, make sure you always warm up before getting into any physical activity.
Here is how you can do some exercises and stretches to help your knee perform well.
- Perform step-ups on each leg alternating. Simply stand next to a stair and step on it with your body balanced by one leg. Then step back and perform the same with the other leg. You can do this simple routine every day. Don’t do this if you have knee cap pain.
- Hamstring curls can help stretch and strengthen your hamstrings. Lie flat on your stomach and bend your legs up and down, alternating each leg. You can use a resistance band around the ankle if this feels too easy.
- Butterfly stretch targets your groin and inner thigh muscles. Just sit straight with the soles of your feet pressed together. Hold your feet and lean towards the ground with your back straight. Try holding the stretch for 30 seconds.
- Exercises like planks and back extensions can help you strengthen your core muscles in the abdomen and lower back area.
- Swimming can be a good exercise to keep your body fit and be gentle on your joints.
Build up the intensity of your exercises gradually. Don’t perform high-intensity routines right from the get-go. Always warm up before you indulge in any kind of intense physical activity be it dancing, running, or your favorite hockey game.
Maintain a healthy weight
It is a known fact that people suffering from obesity are at a higher risk of developing arthritis and joint pains. All the extra pounds of weight add a lot of stress to your knee joints as they are the points where your entire body is balanced while standing, walking, running, and performing most physical activities. It is also now understood that, just like arteries, the knee joint will be more inflamed if you are heavier.
You can lose about 20 percent of knee pain if you can lose 10 pounds of weight. Losing weight combined with proper muscle-strengthening exercises can go a long way in preventing and dealing with knee pain. Best joint supplement for knees.
Wear good shoes
Good shoes do take you to good places. At least a lot less to the medic, given how much they can impact the health of your knees and feet.
Badly fitting shoes can cause you to move differently and affect your balance.
- Make sure your shoes are comfortable and supportive.
- Avoid wearing high heels. High heels put a lot of pressure on your knees as the weight is shifted toward your quadriceps. High heels can force your knees to work double their capabilities. They can also cause low back pain.
- You should also make sure your exercise shoes are good enough to support the rigorous workout you will be taking on. If you are an avid runner, take time and money to invest in properly fitting running shoes. Try and go to a shop selling a wide variety of shoes with knowledgeable
Take care of strains
Accidents can happen to anyone and knee injuries can be quite common when you accidentally fall down or lose balance when lifting something heavy. The first thing you should do is try to reduce the inflammation around the injury. You can try using ice as first aid.
Do not forego consulting a physician or physical therapist when you suffer an injury. Home remedies are good and fine but if you suffer an injury, make sure it gets addressed in a professional manner.
If you are already experiencing knee pain, consult with a qualified physical therapist on the appropriate workout routines.
Love your knees as they are going to be part of your life for a long time. Stay healthy and stay pain-free
Keep your health a priority, and make sure to take of your body with regular exercise, proper sleep cycle, and required nutrition. Medplus offers best Joint Supplements for knees that will help you recover quickly. Contact us to learn more about supplements.