Today, building a house is an expensive affair: one that is in fact impossible without the help of a housing loan. With the funds acquired through a home loan, you can buy, construct, or even redecorate your ideal living space. However, obtaining such an extravagant loan requires several criteria on the borrower’s part which can be quite overwhelming or even taxing at times. Arranging the necessary home loan documents beforehand can not only save you a lot of time, but also shows that you are an organized individual.
To ensure a well-ordered application process, you must not only check home loan eligibility criteria, but also be prepared with various proofs that verify your credentials. The list below includes all the documents you will need for getting your hands on a home loan.
Here is the List of Required Documents:
- KYC Documents
Know Your Customer (KYC) Documents help the lenders conduct a basic background check. These make up for the essential home loan documents.
- Passport size photograph
- Identity Proof (Passport/ Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voters ID Card)
- Address Proof (Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Passbook or Bank Statement with address/ Employment Letter)
- Age proof (Passport/ Birth Certificate/ PAN Card/ Bank Passbook/ Driving License/ 10th Standard Marksheet)
- Income Proof
Since receiving a home loan implies the acquisition of substantial funds, banks and NBFCs will always ensure the borrower’s ability to repay the debt with the agreed upon interest. Thus, corroborating the debtor’s monthly source of income is one of the vital requirements before securing a home loan. These are verified with the following documents-
- Latest Salary Slips (Past three months)
- Bank Account Statement (Past six months)
- Form 16 (Part A & Part B) and filed Income Tax Returns (ITR) (Past two years)
- Employee Identity Card
- Appointment Letter/ Employer Certificate/ Increment Letter
- Property Documents
All financial institutes conduct a thorough research of the property before granting a home loan. This is done to certify that there are no discrepancies involved in the trade. The documents needed for the same are-
- Commencement Certificate issued by Local Authorities
- Approved Copy of Building Plan
- Estimated Construction Cost
- Receipts of payment made to the builder
- Registration receipt
- Sanction Letter
- Occupancy Certificate
- Allotment letter from Society
- Copy of Society maintenance bill
- Society Registration Certificate
- Possession Letter
- Land Tax Receipt from the land/revenue department
- Report by Lawyer in Standard Format
- Property Valuation Report by valuer
- Power Of Attorney for collecting original Property documents
- Electricity bill copy
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the builder and society
- Property Insurance copy
There is no denying that applying for a home loan is a daunting process. Sometimes, the rigid framework and details can take away from the joy of creating a loving home for you and your dear ones. Nonetheless, being prepared with the mandatory paperwork can put your worries to rest since documentation is the very first stage in the process of attaining home loan eligibility.
If you’re planning to apply for a home loan, it can be helpful to understand the documents required and the application process. This way, if any of these issues come up, you’ll know what you need to do to resolve them quickly.