Which method to use; manual process to convert MBOX to PST, you can use a free third-party utility.
- Manual process – You can export MBOX files to Outlook using the manual process.
- MBOX to PST Converter Reviewed by CNET — With this solution, you will be able to import many MBOX files to PST without having to go through multiple procedures or deal with any complications.
Option 1: Import MBOX Files Manually into Outlook.
Apple Mail can be used to convert MBOX files to Outlook for Mac OS users (import MBOX from Apple Mail)
- Open Apple Mail, then select File, then Import from the drop-down menu.
- Select an option from which you want to import MBOX data.
- Now click the Continue button and navigate to the MBOX file’s location >> Select MBOX from the destination >> choose a file >> click the Continue button. continue
- Simply click Finish after the importing process is finished.
We also have The option of Importing an MBOX File into Thunderbird.
- Select the filename .mbox folder from the Local Folders menu in the Thunderbird application.
- Then press “Shift + click” or “Ctrl + a” to select all emails.
- After that, right-click on the emails you want to save and select “Save As.”
- Then select a location, folder, or create a new folder in which to save the selected emails.
- Now, within the same machine, open MS Outlook.
- Then select Account Setting and Data Files from the File menu.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, pick Outlook data file (.pst): from the alternatives.
- After that, select the destination folder and give the new Outlook data file a name.
- After that, open window explorer and look for the folder that we exported in step 4. (Exported from Thunderbird).
- Then, using Ctrl + a, pick all of the emails and drag and drop them into MS Outlook’s message pane. You may also pour on the newly formed data file, i.e., Test files.
- Then wait until all of your emails have been successfully transferred. The converted emails to PST files can then be viewed.
The Second Method Entails the use of Outlook.
- To begin, go to File and select the Open option.
- Then select “Import” from the drop-down menu, and the Import / Export box will appear.
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses from the drop-down menu. and select Outlook Express or Window Mail from the drop-down menu.
- Simply click Import >> to begin the import procedure.
- Finally, you may use Outlook to access all of the data in an MBOX file.
Why Would you say no to Manual Methods?
Manual techniques for importing MBOX to Outlook are free, but they require a higher level of competence and technical understanding. Manual procedures are also time-consuming and dangerous.
Option 2: Convert MBOX to PST with a Free Tool
You can skip the hassles of the manual approach by using a free MBOX to PST application, which allows you to convert numerous MBOX files to PST format and is also user-friendly for non-technical users. This free program will save you time because it only takes three steps to convert MBOX to PST. The tool supports 20+ email clients that support the MBOX file format, making it simple to convert MBOX to Outlook PST. It is provided for no charge.