QuickBooks company file plays a vital role as it contains all the essential details regarding your company and product registration details. As it is the most critical file of QuickBooks, it is essential to keep it safe and secure. But, users might usually come across QuickBooks error code 6150 1006 while trying to access or backup a company file. Every time the error occurs, it appears with the error message that states:-
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150, -1006).”
This blog has provided full-fledged details regarding the QuickBooks error 6150 1006.
Do you find it challenging to resolve QuickBooks error code 6150 1006 on your own? If yes, then get in touch with our professionals by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359. Our professionals will look into your matter and will provide you with instant fixes.
Reasons that lead to QuickBooks Error 6150 -1006
It becomes easier and more convenient for the users to resolve QuickBooks error 6150 1006 once you know what causes the error. To get you updated with all such causes, we have listed the factors responsible for the issue below:-
- Your QuickBooks company file has the file extension other than “.QBW”.
- Another reason may be improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Sometimes, it may occur when the user has mistakenly deleted the company file.
Related Post: What Size Flash Drive Do i Need To Backup QuickBooks
Verified Solutions to Debug QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006
If you are fed up with resolving the QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006, well, don’t worry. We have listed some simple troubleshooting solutions to deal with this issue.
Solution 1:- Ensure that the CryptoWall isn’t present
If your system is infected with the virus such as trojans, crypto wall, etc, it enhances QuickBooks error code 6150 1006. Therefore, to verify if the cryptowall is present, perform the following steps listed below:-
- Click Start menu and then enter “File Explorer” within the search field. This will open the “File Explorer” window on your screen.
- Navigate to the C: drive and search for the folder that contains QuickBooks.
- Now, look into the field that contains words such as “decrypt” or “instructions”.
- If you fail to get the files with these descriptions, then it indicates your system doesn’t contain the CryptoWall virus and is free from such viruses.
- Whereas, if you receive files that match these descriptions, contact your antivirus provider for assistance in removing the CryptoWall virus from your machine. Try the other troubleshooting procedures indicated below to fix the error once the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2:- Restore the last backup
- Initially, move to the File tab and then select the option Open or Restore Company> Restore a Backup Copy > Next option.
- Click on the Local Backup option and then look for the location of your company file using the “Look in” menu.
- Now, tap on the backup of your company file, and it should be with your company file.
- Afterwards, click Open and search for the appropriate location to restore your backup file in the Save-in list.
- Assign a new name to the backup file and click the Save button.
- Ascertain that the file is automatically saved in the.QBW format.
- Select Yes if a pop-up box displays asking if you wish to replace the file.
- Input YES and then OK to finish the overwrite process.
Looking For Any Additional Help!!
We assure you that we have provided tried and tested solutions to overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006. If still, you are getting the same issue, then contact our experts. You can reach our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.