Aadhar Card is a unique 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It serves as a proof of identity and address for Indian residents.
Aadhar Card Address Change
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, the documents required for an Aadhar Card address change in India were as follows:
- Proof of Address (PoA) document: You need to submit a valid proof of address document that clearly displays your current residential address. Acceptable PoA documents include a passport, utility bills (electricity, water, telephone, etc.), bank statement/passbook, ration card, voter ID card, driving license, etc. The document should be in your name.
- Self-attested copy of the PoA document: You will need to provide a self-attested photocopy of the proof of address document mentioned above.
- Aadhaar card: You must carry your original Aadhaar card along with a photocopy.
- Aadhaar card update form: You need to fill out the Aadhaar card update/correction form with accurate details regarding your address change. The form can be obtained from the Aadhaar Enrollment Center or downloaded from the official UIDAI website.
- Additional documents: Depending on the situation, you may be required to provide additional documents. For example, if you are a tenant, you might need to submit a rental agreement or a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the landlord.
It’s important to note that the requirements for Aadhaar card address change may vary over time or depending on government regulations. Therefore, it’s advisable to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) or contact the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the documents required for an address change in 2023.
Proof of Address (PoA)
Proof of Address (PoA) is a document that serves as evidence of your current residential address. It is required for various purposes, including updating your address in official records like Aadhaar card, opening bank accounts, applying for government services, and more. Here are some commonly accepted Proof of Address documents in India:
- Passport: A valid passport can be used as PoA. It contains your address details and is widely accepted.
- Utility Bills: Utility bills like electricity bill, water bill, landline telephone bill, gas connection bill, etc., can be used as PoA. The bill should be recent and in your name.
- Bank Statement/Passbook: A bank statement or passbook showing your current address is generally accepted as PoA. Ensure that it is an updated document.
- Ration Card: Ration card with your name and address can be submitted as PoA. However, it is worth noting that ration cards may not be applicable in all regions.
Voter ID Card
Your Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India can be used as PoA. It should display your current address.
- Driving License: Your valid driving license can serve as PoA if it contains your current address details.
- Government-issued ID Cards: Certain government-issued identification cards, such as a PAN card. Can be considered as PoA if they contain your current address.
- Rent Agreement: If you are a tenant. A registered rent agreement with your landlord’s address and your name can be used as PoA.
- Aadhaar card of a family member: If you do not have any valid PoA documents in your name. You can provide the Aadhar Card of an immediate family member (father, mother, spouse, etc.). With a matching address as a PoA document.
Remember, these are general examples of PoA documents. The specific requirements may vary depending on the institution or service you are applying to. It’s always advisable to check the official guidelines or contact the concerned authority to ensure you. Have the correct and most up-to-date information regarding the acceptable PoA documents. Visit us for online consultation lawyer.